The main benefits of acupuncture treatment for pain is a reduction in pain, inflammation, swelling and an increase in mobility.
Evidence, from 29 studies published by Harvard Medical School, shows acupuncture to be highly effective in pain relief.
Acupuncture relieves pain in several ways:
- Endorphin production
- Blocking of nervous pain signals to the brain
- Trigger point deactivation
- Reduction in swelling
- Increased mobility
Does It Work And What Results Can I Expect?
- Usually minimum of 3-6 treatments needed
- 80% of patients respond within 3 treatments, 20-70% on 1st
- 20% of patients see no response.