Natural Fertility Treatment for Men
“It Takes Two”
Although women take most of the responsibility when it comes to preparing for a family and subsequently presume it is their fault if conception does not come so easily.
Many people are surprised to learn that cause of infertility in approximately 40% of couples is due to male factor infertility.
Male fertility depends on two factors; firstly good production of sperm and secondly unobstructed sperm transport. The ideal temperature of the testes is 35°C to ensure healthy sperm.
In the last few years we have seen a dramatic decrease in sperm density, motility and normality. This implies that environmental and lifestyle factors play a large role. Other common causes include;
- Infections and Sexually transmitted diseases
- Injuries and surgery
- Varicose veins (varicocele). Research in Germany has indicated that 41% of men between the ages of 12-16 years old have varicose veins that could affect their fertility by decreasing circulation and overheating the testes thus damaging the sperm.
- Hormonal causes
- Diet, smoking, drug use, alcohol
- Genetic causes
Just because everything seems to be working does not mean your getting the job done.
If you are experiencing difficulties or have been unsuccessful in your attempts for conception, it may be a good idea to ask your doctor for a sperm/semen analysis.
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine may be able to assist if you have issues with :-
- Improving sperm count
- Improving sperm motility
- Improving sperm morphology
- Improving semen liquefaction times
- Enhancing erectile function